Saturday, September 6

“A Pretentious Post about Myself “


DISCLAIMER: This post is solely written as one of the requirements to participate as an Indonesian delegate in the upcoming Australia-Indonesia Youth Exchange Program (AIYEP 2014-2015). Any financial necessity due to the potential health and/or mental deficiency which might be caused by reading this post should be borne by the readers themselves. As an alternative, the readers may also directly channel their complaints to the party (a.k.a my dear senior, Kak Afif) which has kindly requested this post to be constructed.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _   

G’day, mate! (greeting cheerfully with failed Australian accent)

The name is Najmul Fajri Usman.

I have so many nicknames, but these days (for some nonsensical reasons) I’d always prefer to be called ‘Fajri’ or simply ‘Faj’. Please kindly avoid to call me ‘Usman’ as that is my father’s and back in my hometown it is kinda impolite to call people using their fathers’ names (What a lame joke. Pffft ).

I was born 20-something years ago and raised in Pangkalpinang, the capital of Bangka Belitung, one of the youngest and smallest provinces in Indonesia. The island where I grew up is also known by my foreign friends as an ‘in-the-middle-of-nowhere’ Sumatran island, yet I swear to God its beaches are ten times more beautiful than those they have in *cough* Bali *cough*.

To give you a glance about my physical appearance, here is a recent photograph of myself:

                           


Fine, that’s clearly not me. This is me (in a very awkward pose):


                             
Just so you know, that picture was taken a few months back and truth be told, I've grown A LOT fatter now. Not to mention my above-average photogenic skill; I don't know man I just happen to always know my angles and look better in photos. So yeah, keep your expectation low, because pictures do lie *chuckles*.

In 2010, I moved to Kuala Lumpur as I got full scholarship to pursue my undergraduate study in Malaysia’s number one higher institution, University of Malaya. I have finished my study there earlier this year and am holding Bachelor of Science Degree in Environmental Science and Management. Spending almost four years in such a metropolitan and vibrant city I have been highly exposed more into international environment which has provided me with a better perspective to see differences existing in our society.

All in all, I am very grateful to be given a chance to spend my life both in a small, less-developed yet beautiful town like Pangkalpinang and a big city whose a lot of modernization element to offer, like Kuala Lumpur. The experiences have successfully made me a very adaptable person at my young age.

I was the youngest of three children. My father was a local politician and entrepreneur whilst my late mother was a teacher in a local primary school. Frankly speaking, I must admit that I have never had that so-called perfect family. Nevertheless, they are and will always be my biggest motivation to give the best out of me, at everything I do in life. I once wrote a story about my family here.

*stretching* *went to the bathroom for 30 minutes*

Moving on, both of my parents have always taught me to always put education on the top of my priority list. Nevertheless, they have always encouraged me to balance my academic achievement with the non-academic ones, too. It is indeed very fortunate that I was surrounded by people who would fight really hard to achieve their dreams. I was always taught that if my dreams do not scare me, they are not big enough.

I always dreamed to travel the world to become a humble and compassionate human being, then I must never get tired of putting my hardest efforts to make that particular dream of mine into reality. I dreamed to become a future leader who can create an imperative difference for my nation, then I must never give up to find my way to be one, regardless of circumstances and difficulties I might face. I was raised to become a fighter, who believes that luckiness only happens when opportunity meets a constant hardworking mentality.

Moreover, in the current state of my life, I have five major personal interests:

1. Youth Empowerment: This particular passion and my involvement in various youth-empowering activities have brought me to be granted golden opportunities to represent the country and the home island in quite a lot of prestigious programs, at both international and national levels.

2. Environmental Management and Sustainable Development

3. Education: I really want to work as a lecturer in a local university in the future, because I believe this job would highlight my interpersonal skills more. I like interacting with people and enjoy sharing information and knowledge with the public (students, in this case). I also like the idea that being an educator means that we have to constantly keep enthusiastic at learning deeper about our discipline, one step earlier than those to be educated.

4. Social Development and Voluntarism.

5. Performing Arts: I love all kind of performing arts, but singing and public speaking are always the special ones. Singing for one, sorta has that stress-relieving medical effect on me. When I'm in pain, I sing. I sing my heart out and I'd feel better right away.

*having a break* *making a cup of tea*

Next, I’m supposed to list down my strengths in this post. Honestly, I’d rather telling people my weaknesses instead, as I think I have a lot more of it than them strengths and I’m kinda tired with people having such high expectation on me. So please keep in mind that I’m quite uncomfortable writing this part:

“I see myself as a highly confident individual who sometimes has difficulty to lower my expectation and ends up being over-confident. I’m a perfect example of an open-minded and outspoken person who might be too dominant and obnoxiously brutal honest at some points. My creativity and hardworking mentality often surprise me (in a good way), yet my ambitious and insensitive nature bring me no good every now and then.”

That’s about it.

Oh one more thing, according to Hippocrates, I'm a Sanguine-Choleric person. Meanwhile, Myers-Briggs agreed that I'm having the ENFP personality. In a nutshell, I’m a total extrovert.

Therefore, please feel free to stalk me if you found this post insufficient to satisfy your desire to know me better. I’m practically everywhere on the net. I’m on Facebook, Ask.fm, Twitter, Youtube, Instagram, Path, Soundcloud.

E V E R Y W H E R E.

Seriously, stalking me would be as easy as one, two, three.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment